Record ID is a unique number generated by the Zoho Creator system for every record that has been added to the database. Usually it will be a 18 digit number ( eg:272719000003479011 ).
- Click on Edit this application and select the View from the Views tab.
- Click on “Column Properties” from the left side view configuration tree.
- Locate the column “ID” and put a check mark next to it and click on Done.
- You will see this ID when you access the View.
- If you still don’t see this, click on More Actions ->Show/hide columns (after accessing the application) and put a check mark to it.
- Click on More Action ->Save Changes for the changes to persist.
Can I retain this ID?
Yes, you can do it by converting the ID to a HexaDecimal String. For this, you can create a formula field in the Form and write the formula to retain the ID value as
- Record ID can be obtained only from the normal database Forms.
- Stateless Forms do not store data and they cannot return record IDs from script.