About the application
The application Deleting child nodes illustrates how to delete child records when a record is deleted from the parent form.The application comprises of two forms:
- Client form to enter the client name (master form).
- Client Details form to enter each client details (child form with lookup to the Client form).
Adding Deluge Script
When a record is deleted from the parent form (Client form), the on delete ->on validate script added to this form will delete all the child records corresponding to this client, from the Client Details form. To add the script in the Client form,
- Select the from the Forms tab and click on More Actions ->On Delete ->Validate
- Use the Delete Records task to delete records from the Client_Details form with the specified criteria.
delete from Client_Details[ Client_Name == input.Name ];
The above script will delete the records from the Client Details form and then delete its parent record from the Client form.
Note: Deleting of child records from the on delete ->on success script is not supported
To install the application,
- Download the script file (.ds file)
- Install the application to your account.Click here to learn how to install using the script file (.ds file)